We provide a trauma-informed safe space. We specialize in working with LGBTQA+ and people of color (POC) who have had traumatic experiences. When it is helpful for you, we incorporate a systemic approach to help heal intergenerational traumas affecting interpersonal relationships & psychological wellbeing.
Client Portal
Offers Telehealth
Online Payments


***ALL SESSIONS ARE 100% VIRTUAL/TELEHEALTH*** “Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes” -Maggie Kuhn "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" - Dr. Seuss I earned a doctorate in psychology (PsyD) and a master's degree (MA) in psychology, and a master of public administration with a nonprofit sector focus (MPA). I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (#32906); a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#50145) in the state of California and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level 2 (CCTP-II). I am licensed in Nevada as a Marriage and Family Therapist (4341-R). I provide clinical supervision, consultations, and a part-time professor for graduate students in psychology. If you would like to learn more about my professional experience you can check out my LinkedIn (click icon below). The intersectionality of psychology and social justice principles grew in my practice while I completed my doctoral program. The article titled "A qualitative study understanding immigrant Latinas, violence and available mental health care" can be viewed: (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dialog.2023.100112). Utilizing a social psychology approach, specifically Liberation Psychology (Ignacio Martín-Baró, 1996), aims to actively "understand the psychology of oppressed and impoverished communities" while addressing the impact of social factors on the individual's psychology. I realized the importance that the practice of psychology has to help promote social & psychological equitability regardless of sex, gender, religion, socioeconomic or -political affiliations. I realized that psychology is an intervention to dismantle social injustices and improve access to culturally responsive psychological services. Keeping in mind these principles, our approach is cognitive behavioral therapy and solution-focused treatment. We practice affirmative psychotherapy for the LGBTQ and POC communities. We use a trauma-informed approach working with victims and survivors of trauma, cultural and acculturation issues, DACA, first-gen students pursuing higher education, depression, anxiety, interpersonal and sexual difficulties and other life stressors. We maintain an open, respectful but direct communication and collaborative approach. We are passionate about psychology and the benefits it offers as long as you are willing to put the work it takes to make the change. If you're prepared to actively participate in therapy by embracing openness to challenge and deconstructing core beliefs, with your commitment at 80% and our guidance contributing the remaining 20% to the therapeutic journey, we're happy to collaborate with you!
Jose Guerra
Clinical Psychologist |Marriage & Family Therapist


Therapy | Immigration Evaluation | Clinical Consultations & Supervision

  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Trauma
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anger Management
  • Behavioral Issues
  • College Mental Health
  • Domestic Violence
  • Gender Identity
  • Life Transitions
  • Racial Identity
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
  • Sleep or Insomnia
  • Stress
  • Work Stress
  • Social Anxiety
  • Relationship Issues
  • PTSD
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Multicultural Concerns
  • Mood Disorders
  • Men's Issues
  • Sex Therapy


  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Family/Marital Therapy
  • Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
  • Family Systems
  • Forensic Psychology
  • Interpersonal
  • Rational Emotive Behavior (REBT)
  • Trauma Focused
  • Immigration Evaluations VAWA, UVISA, Domestic Violence

Insurance Accepted

  • Lyra
  • Aetna Student Health
  • Aetna PPO
  • First Health
  • Coventry
  • Anthem
  • Out of Network
  • Out of Network: Cigna and Blueshield CA
  • Cash, Credit Cards, PayPal, Venmo
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • United Healthcare


  • Immigration Evaluation VAWA (VOC): $600
  • Immigration Evaluation for U Visas: $750
  • Professional Consultation/Supervision: $150


Serving California

Jose Guerra Psychologist PC region on a map

Jose Guerra Psychologist PC

Burbank, CA 91504